Gain Therapeutics SA, Lugano (Switzerland)
We are looking for a
PRECLINICAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (W /M)
who will join the R&D department at Gain Therapeutics, reporting to the Head of Development.
The candidate will be expected to execute and monitor nonclinical safety studies and interpret findings from these studies in support of clinical development.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day management of preclinical/early clinical development of new drug compounds.
- Work collaboratively with senior management and consultants to plan critical-path activities, establish program goals, budgets and timelines.
- Apply project management best practices in the planning, initiation, execution, and tracking of project activities, timelines and related budget.
- Support regulatory submissions, ensuring all crucial timelines are met; assist regulatory affairs in meeting submission deadlines.
- Closely monitor and interact with Contract Research Organizations, granting agencies and consultants.
- Organize and participate in-person and teleconference meetings as appropriate, assist as needed with agendas, project overviews, project minutes, and communicate detailed meeting minutes with key decisions/action items.
- Master's degree in toxicology, biology or a related life-science field (Pharmacology/Pharmaceutics/Biochemistry, DVM, PharmD).
- The candidate should have a track record of successful project management in the pre-clinical space with a record of successful project delivery from Candidate Selection to Regulatory Submission (IND or equivalent IMPD application), plus knowledge of the selection process of pre-clinical candidate drugs.
- Minimum 5 years of preclinical development in pharmaceutical/biotech/CRO setting performing drug development activities such as: designing and monitoring nonclinical studies, interpreting data, generating reports and regulatory documents.
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Full time contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus.
The above statements reflect the usual responsibilities and principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a complete description of all the work requirements that may be inherent or added to the position.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and contact of two references to: [email protected]